Call Us at 706-922-7746

Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic Treats Back, Neck, Arm and Leg Pain

August 18, 2020

What treatment considerations should you think about for your spine and/or extremity pain, your back and leg pain, your neck and arm pain? When you experience these conditions, this question is forefront in your mind. Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic presents the well-documented, non-surgical, safe and gentle Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management as an answer to that question.


First, let us consider back surgery. Less than 1% of people with low back, neck, and/or leg and arm pain have spine surgery. (1,2) That leaves 99% of people with back and extremity pain to be treated non-surgically. This type of care is the forte of your Augusta chiropractor at Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic. What is the possibility of such non-surgical treatment as Cox® Distraction Spine Manipulation to benefit you?


Flexion distraction spine manipulation is reported to be a good intervention for treating disc height loss in disc herniation patients. (3) Another study found 50% pain relief after distraction spine manipulation in patients with low back pain. (4) Cox® distraction mixed with therapeutic modalities over a 4-week treatment period for patients with lumbar disc herniation gave significant improvement in muscle strength, disability, and relief of sciatica. The entire treatment entailed 18 visits in a month of care. Cox® distraction manipulation seems to be a safe and efficacious non-invasive treatment for patients with lumbar disc herniation. (5) Safety is always forefront of care at Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic.


The study of safety of spine manipulation demonstrates that chiropractic students are taught proper delivery of force in delivering Cox® manipulation to patients. (6) Similar to a patient looking for surgical treatment for spine pain wants the best surgeon, studies confirm that patients with an elevated likelihood of having surgery are optimally matched with a non-surgical spine specialist. (7) Certified Cox® chiropractors like your Augusta chiropractor at Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic are trained and then assessed by written and hands-on testing before being certified in Cox® distraction manipulation.


Last of all, be informed that the clinical examination of your spine is just as and even more valuable than any MRI findings. (8) Cox® certified doctors of chiropractic like your Augusta chiropractor at Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic are most learned and examined in the neuro and ortho findings of spine and extremity pain patients. The extensive clinical examination establishes the treatment path to your wanted pain relief.

CONTACT Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic

Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Rob Rudy on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson. Use of The Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management is well-exemplified in his care of a couple patients with back and leg pain.

Make your next Augusta chiropractic visit soon. Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic is confident that together we can reply the predominant question of what to do about your spine pain, back and leg pain, neck and arm pain.

Lombardy Chiropractic Clinic uses the non-surgical chiropractic care system of Cox® Technic to relieve back, leg, neck and arm pain.